Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

In Search of Spring

Forsythia at Biltmore

Technically, it is here. The temperatures don't quite show it yet, but it is official. Spring is here! We went in search of it over the weekend, and found it in smallish doses. This forsythia had burst forth at the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. As had a whole crop of daffodils and this lonely tulip...

Tulip at Biltmore

The big tulip displays will be in a few more weeks, and I hope to go back and see them all.

It was a day to enjoy the sunshine, even though the wind remained quite chilly. A little running and hill-rolling took care of that, though...

Boys at Biltmore

Hill Rolling

Do you remember rolling down hills? Getting all dizzy and disoriented and covered in green, green grass? Oh, I do, and it always makes me think of days like this. Days when you listen carefully to hear the sounds of buds cracking open and seeds sprouting.

Diana at the hunt

Days when you realize there's just a teensy bit more daylight than there was yesterday, that the chill in the air is not quite so sharp.

Days when you remember that the best things in life don't cost a penny and can be held in one's lap.

Me and the Boys

I love days like that.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to spring Diahn! Your words and photos are just perfect. (love the listening statue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a great time you all must have had -- and your photos are fantastic! Biltmore is such a cool place to visit. We're lucky to live so close!

    I hope you rolled down the hill, too. I remember the last time I rolled down a hill was ... well ... last year when my neices were in, I think. I kind of believe that one should roll down hills for as long as possibe -- as long as one is able to do it intentionally and it's not just an accident. And that you should dance every single day. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 AM

    Oh yes, roll down hills and dance every day. What a beautiful tribute to Spring... wish it would show itself here. We know it's official but 6 inches of Snow on Easter doesn't say Spring to me. I'll enjoy it vicariously... thank you Diahn.

    ReplyDelete