Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

i CAN draw

Linda and I went out wandering about a while back and I did actually sit and draw something that almost resembles a person! Yippee!! I can do it!! I asked J if it looked like and old lady, and he shook his head and said, "No. It looks like an old man." So. My apologies to the nice lady who was having lemonade with her friends. You didn't look anything like an old man.

At Panera with Linda

I also grabbed a moment to draw while we were at the Biltmore on Thursday. The spires on top of the house are really lovely and fun to draw if you ignore the crick in the neck that accompanies the task. We were sitting in the courtyard drinking hot chocolate while I drew it. It's a good way to keep young boys still. The orchid was in the conservatory and I had to draw it from a picture, because the downside of using hot chocolate to keep young boys still is the burst of energy that comes after they finish the drink. Hey...you do what you can

At Biltmore House, Asheville, NC

7 comments:

  1. Lovely adventures. I like th ecolor part of the pencil piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice drawings from the Biltmore! I love the design of the orchid and the way you did the background of the spire. Also, Nice job on the LADY at Panera.... tell J it looks like a lady to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like a ... hmmm... THAT'S why the song "dude looks like a lady" is in your mind today!!
    The Biltmore sketches are perfect. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lady to me too...Great sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diahn, the spire is great but that orchid is just phenomenal. LOVE the composition too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful, Diahn! But how on earth could you ever doubt that you could draw????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:45 PM

    What a pretty orchid. L. sent me a watercolored card with an orchid. Pink too. I guess it runs in the family huh? And really, dito on Casey.

    ReplyDelete