Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hands II

Hey, Wow - this is my 100th posting on this blog - seems significant. Where's the confetti???

The second in my series of hands, and the second in 2B graphite on matboard. Much more complex arrangement of fingers, and of course size, but such a sweet captured moment. I'm considering doing the next one in color - maybe acrylics, maybe something a little more loose, I'm not sure.



I had to take a break from portraiture for a day or two - I'm on the verge of overworking it. One son is done (nice rhyme, eh?) the other is off just enough to make me unhappy, but I consulted with my DH and he's helping put me back on track, I think. I'd love to work on it tomorrow, but it is a homeschool day and we also have to take the dogs to the vet, so - maybe not. We could just have an art session after math and all of us get to paint to our hearts content! Who needs social studies, anyway??

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:09 AM

    Wonderful - you've captured a very tender feeling.

    And hurray for getting going on the series - #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Funny, I never thought of doing a series (quilters talk of them a lot)sounds like a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely LOVE the hands and you've just inspired me to try doing a picture that i have of jerry (my s.o.) holding his tiny grandson's face in his huge hand to give the infant's head support. i've loved that picture since i first saw it, had it blown up to 8 x 10 print -- but your posting here has just made me realize that i should draw (or try to draw) that picture.

    thanks for sharing the beautiful picture and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFULLY done sketch -- the tones could NOT be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! I love this! It is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hands are not easy to do. This is beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet image... and beautifully drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and very well drawn too. You should be very proud of it. Well done. :o)

    ReplyDelete