Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

Today: A List (no fooling)

Today


  • I woke up and immediately helped clean up a Jasper accident. He's a crate escape artist.
  • He has an amazing bladder capacity.
  • I ate cheerios with a little sugar for breakfast.
  • I drank two cups of coffee.
  • I kissed Dr. SmartyPants and wished him good luck on his first day in his new position. (He's awesome.)
  • I went to ALDI to buy groceries.
  • I love ALDI.
  • I went to Target.
  • I love Target.
  • My car got hit in the parking lot of Target by an elderly lady.
  • I was driving past her. She pulled out just as my hood passed her. She hit me in the rear passenger door.
  • She pressed her gas pedal to the floor and kept pushing my car.
  • Then she put it in reverse.
  • That's when she hit the guy behind her.
  • I got out and kissed my 5,000 pound SUV and promised it some extra special gas the next time we filled up.
  • I was thankful: no one was injured, my kids were at home (she hit the door where Derek normally sits), we were all insured, two people gave me their numbers as witnesses, I wasn't driving my Mustang.
  • I came home and unloaded the groceries while I talked to the insurance people.
  • We ate leftover bratwurst for lunch.
  • Chico bit Derek
  • Chico may have just signed his eviction order.
  • We played tennis. I started playing with the boys, but my adrenaline rush from the accident went away rather rapidly, so I sat on a bench and stared at my precious babies play each other.
  • They rock.
  • We came home.
  • Smarty is on his way home.
  • We're going to watch Rafael and Roger play tonight.
  • Unless I pass out first.
  • I need chocolate.

6 comments:

  1. I ADORE your new header...really adore it. And I'm IN LOVE with the photo...it makes me dizzy just looking at it. And I'm sorry about the SUV but glad you can find the humor in the situation...but then again, you always do. Happy Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aldi is a great place to shop :) saves us lots of money

    glad to read no one was hurt, but some people really shouldn't be driving o.0 someone could have been really hurt by that old lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all that's just one day?!! Love your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a day! I'm worn out reading about it.

    Love the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great list, reading it my reactions went from laughter, to ouch, to aweeee, to I cant believe she kept pushing your car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the more reason i think there should be another driving test upon retirement and every 2-3 years after. my old toyota was crushed in by an elderly guy too. of course that was 2 cars ago.

    ReplyDelete