Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

An Ode to March

single

March, I found you lovely when
your sunshine smiled on me.
And lovely, too, the way you worked
to water grass and tree.

Your azure skies and fluffy clouds
were pleasant to behold.
So, too, the buds formed 'pon the stalks
in pink and white and gold.

Were I to fault March just a bit,
in just one little thing,
'twould be in how the temperatures
do violently swing.

One day I find sunscreen to be
a thing not to be missed.
The next I need my winter coat,
which tends to leave me pissed.

So fare thee well, dear March, I say
so soon your time will pass.
And as you go, be careful that
the door don't hit your ass.

4 comments:

  1. Looking out at what would have been a beautiful snow in November, but not so much on March 31, I couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! Oh, Diahn, you've outdone yourself here...this one will be read by generations to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. soon to be included in a Child's Garden of Verses, I suspect...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha!!! yeah...i'm ready to get rid of the gray misery of the last week

    ReplyDelete