Pages

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Hey, Look! A Drawing!

Blue Jay

Yes. That's right. I haven't forgotten how to draw.

Thank goodness.

I was worried.

Hey - guess what! It's JULY, people. JULY! Holy smokes! Where did the year go? It seems like only yesterday I was constantly griping about the snow! Don't worry, though - I won't be complaining about the heat. I love the heat. I embrace the humidity. I adore sweating.

Well. Maybe adore isn't the right word. I tolerate sweating.

I accept sweating. Then I jump in the pool and I adore the heat once again.

Poor Dr. SmartyPants went to Arizona yesterday, where the temperature looked something like this:





Which is, you know, REALLY hot.

But it's a dry heat.

Aren't you glad you came over today so we could talk about the weather? Have I really sunk so low that this is my only topic of discussion? Lord.

We could talk about my stupid ankles, instead, if you'd like.


OR, we could talk about how excited I am to be leaving for the beach in TWO DAYS!!!

Actually...maybe I should get the laundry done and start packing.

Right after I check the weather report...

5 comments:

  1. Holy smokes thats hot.
    Yeah, it's not the heat..it's the humidity.
    What a crock that is.
    110 is 110.Wet heat, dry heat. It's 110.
    Have a great time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL heat is heat....of course it's also the fact here we have to breathe in the wet air. now what is this about your ankles?

    have fun at the beach.

    (you already know how much i love this drawing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Diahn, Your writing style is definitely witty and funny! I'm always happy to see one of your drawings; wonderful!

    I hope you're ankles get better soon and that the beach helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jay!
    Hot Day!
    Ankles Away!

    (thought I'd rhyme.) :)
    Glad you haven't forgotten how to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice drawing. Have a great beach trip and your ankles heal soon.

    ReplyDelete