Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dear Brain: You Are No Longer on Vacation. Please Start Working.

joshua on beach wide

Honestly, people. Why is it so hard to reset one's brain after a week's vacation? I'm drifting, aimlessly - watching the sun rise and fall - with no plan or rudder. Yesterday, I started cleaning out my office and found my photo CD storage box and thought, "wow, wouldn't it be cool to see what the boys looked like the first year we ever went to Hatteras, when they were babies, and compare those photos to what they look like this year because it's been 8 years since the first time we went and they were so small and tiny and OMG they were so cute, look at that!"

Yes, my brain does speak in run-on sentences...why do you ask?

So I popped in a CD and FOUR HOURS LATER, my office still wasn't clean.

However. I had this...

Memories

And a big puddle of tears all over my keyboard...

5 comments:

  1. Sniff... They were / are so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, D...these are great comparison shots. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Or is it the more things stay the same, they more they change? I forget. Same thing though, right?

    Enjoy the vacation brain mode. Before you know it, you'll be gnashing your teeth over home school lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun. How cool that you have so many shots of them standing by the same pole, of wearing the same thing but 8 years later.
    Time flys doesn't it. Beautiful family,,and oh, that first photo of Brian on his stomach and the wave coming in, beautiful, the white foam looks like a blanket. Love that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was time well spent, if you ask me. You can always clean another day.

    ReplyDelete