Pages

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Vroom.

mosaic16358

1. Doodlebug with a ZR1, 2. Porsche, 3. Washington Auto Show, 4. VW Reflections, 5. ZR1, 6. Corvette, 7. Bug, 8. Washington Auto Show, 9. Dodge Electric Vehicle, 10. Ferrari 550 Maranello, 11. The Bugs with some Ferraris, 12. Corvette ZR1

We headed out on Friday to the Washington Auto show, where all the Ott boys drooled to their hearts' content.

Saturday and Sunday were both beautiful days, with temperatures reaching the low 60s today.  We walked all over Arlington on Saturday, and headed back out to the Lincoln Memorial today, in honor of Abraham Lincoln's upcoming 200th birthday.  I had a chance to sketch the big man, himself.  I haven't had a chance to scan my drawing yet, but I'll get it uploaded tomorrow.

We visited the Korean War Memorial today, too.  It was my first visit there and I was struck by the stark, rough nature of the sculpture.  Commentary on the stark, rough nature of war, I suppose. 

Korean War Memorial

2 comments:

  1. That war memorial really got me when I first saw it ... it was kind of a surprise and really quite took my breath. Did you see the memorial to the nurses?

    And I'm guessing that the Ott BOYS aren't the only ones who were drooling over the au-to-mo-biles...
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful cars contrasted with the ultra serious Korean memorial form a juxtaposition of luxury and reality .

    ReplyDelete