Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

That seems fishy...

This drawing is for Linda, who thought the idea of a fish-themed sketchbook was strange. I think it could work. Really.
Lionfish
And I thought I'd show off my new personalized Moleskine sketchbook I tricked out today. That's a glossy postcard of one of my favorite paintings and a stripe of aluminum tape. (You can get aluminum tape at your local home improvement center in the a/c ducting aisle...)
Cover of new Moleskine Sketchbook
In real life the postcard and the stripe are straight. I'm too lazy to straigten it in my photo editing program, and I didn't put it on the scanner straight - just tilt your head to the right about 2 degrees.
You'll be fine.

5 comments:

  1. I like your first sketch is of a glass reindeer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a fish sketchbook sounds like a great idea - I'm looking forward to seeing your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D Maybe a fish sketchbook would be okay! I love how you pimped your Moleskine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh......pretty! I like the idea of a fish sketchbook too! I might try it too! I've been wanting to take another visit to the local aquarium!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:09 PM

    A Stunning fish with loads of self confidence! And your moleskine looks so cool...
    ronell

    ReplyDelete