Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mahi Mahi Block Print


Mahi Mahi Block Print, originally uploaded by diahn.


Just playing. Stuck on fish. I blame Linda.

I cut a linoleum block using a sketch I did over Thanksgiving, then printed it onto 140 lb cold press. I painted it with gouache, which was a little tricky, because the only printing ink I had was water soluble, so it mixed in here and there with the paints. I kind of like the flat head juxtaposed against the more modeled body.

I only said that so I could use the word "juxtaposed" in a sentence.

It's 14x11", by the way...

5 comments:

  1. This is really neat! I love those colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is beautiful. A great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on this! Congrats on the 9 years too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply GORGEOUS! You're getting more use out of the gouache than I have so far. What a cool print ... I remember the other sketch (which I loved...)
    Juxtaposed. Say it five times real fast. Silly fun word!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one really caught my eye Diahn.
    Love the mix of color against the strong black lines.

    ReplyDelete