Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

Fishy Fun


Fishy Fun, originally uploaded by diahn.


For some reason, ever since Linda and I had our meeting and I teased her about the fishy sketchbook, I've had fish on the brains. I even cooked fish the other night. Sheesh.

Anyhow - on the left is a leafy (or is it weedy) sea dragon on 140lb wc paper in my large Moleskine sketchbook. I used gouache to absolutely no effect here. It can't always be gorgeous, you know.

On the right is another block I carved from a koi sketch, then colored with aquacolor. The flowers are from some decorative papers I found lying around the office when I was cleaning out the other day.

glub. gurgle. glermph.

That's real fish talk.

No lie.

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny! These fishys are quite charming!

    I love your pink tiles and cups post! I think we grown into our femaleness as we go along, having alot of maleness around just makes us grow faster! You need to find that tiara so they remember that You're the Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weedy sea dragon -- I think he looks just great! (I have some reference photos of those guys, too, and one my come swimming by my place at some point!) And look at the block carving -- you are getting all experimental on us! WAY cool!

    However, I'm sorry to tell you that it is actually spelled "ghlermph" (the first "h" is silent). But don't feel bad -- it's unlikely that your spell check would have caught that one.

    Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, sounds pretty fishy to me :) Really pretty fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoying your fishy series!

    ReplyDelete