Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

Have a Cup


Have a Cup, originally uploaded by diahn.


I love gouache, I love gouache...

Oh yes I do.

And I wish I had pink tiles somewhere in my house. How fun is that? Pink and orange. Oh my gosh. I'd be in heaven.

I worked from a photo reference I got at the Reference Library on WetCanvas. I loved the composition, but hated the colors (all brown and gray and blahhhh.) So I made it more, ummm...ME!

I really believe my love of pink stems directly from the disproportionate number of men in my household. I don't recall loving pink so much when I was single. Counting the critters, it's now 6 to 1. A girl just needs some pink every now and again.

Or a mani-pedi. With pink polish. And rhinestones.

Now, where's my tiara?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors.

    http://cgoulao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I love this! Pink and orange tiles would look awesome together... Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these colors just knocked my socks off!! Beautiful assortment. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:52 PM

    wow those colors are bright. Love those tiles, they almost look like glass. I woke up one day with a love of all things which resulted in pink dining rooms chairs. I looked at them this morning and I thought that should be a brighter pink. Maybe it's mid life crisis. Men go for the red car, women go for the pink.

    janey
    http://janeysjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular!!! That tiled surface makes me think of gems. Just lovely, Diahn!

    My sister is a pink freak and, like you, wasn't like that in her teen years. Now, it's pink all the way for her.

    ReplyDelete