Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

EDM #72 and Inktense Palettes


Well, this place is definitely new to me. Here's the story...Monday evening a storm blew in. Just as I was putting the chicken under the broilder, the power went out. So - off we went in search of food. Now, we often pass the Golden Corral, but we've never eathen there. We had a bad experience in one of those buffet - steak places a few years back and honestly have joked about the GC. So, when Ron suggested it, I really thought he was joking. Then, when he turned into the parking lot, I realized he really intended to eat there! It was actually really good! Salad bar, fruit bar, entrees, desserts...I had the pot roast, which was tender and juicy and very tasty. Ron had a steak that was cooked exactly like he likes it, it was tender and flavorful and hot. The boys found plenty to eat - chicken, shrimp, brownies with fudge-y icing. What can I say? We'll definitely be going back. Oh - and Amee was a great server - our glasses were never empty and clean plates were always available.


Is it ever a bad thing when the delivery from Dick Blick comes? I don't think so! Well, thanks to Laura's inspiration, I just had to go and order some of those Inktense pencils (I went ahead and ordered the set of 24). I brought them upstairs and immediately tried them out in both the regular Moleskine sketchbook (top image) and the Moleskine watercolor book (bottom image). Wow. What great, intense colors! I love that they don't sink down into the sketchbook paper the way acrylic inks do, and because they activate with very little water usage, it doesn't appear that the paper repels them they way it does regular watercolors. Now to do something with them...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Wow diahn, it looks great!! I love those colors.

    And now I HAVE to get some of these! Laura and you have made them too appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors look wonderful! I might have to check these out. Thanks (or should I say "thanks alot!")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diahn! This is the first time I've surfumbled upon your blog and I've really enjoyed it and will be back. I love your Golden Corral page, especially your assistants' input. And those pencils look very interesting. I appreciate your comments on how they went on the Moleskine sketch paper.
    (*sigh) No Blick in Australia, or those pencils.... Actually... I'm off to do a Google search...

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD JOB, DIAHN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inktense - even the name sounds yummy! They look really good. Glad you had a great time at the restaurant - perhaps they got replaced of the old chef?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and now I want to go get some Inktense pencils, too. They're carrying them at Jerry's now -- I saw them the other day and was able to resist, but ...
    And I'll have to go try out the Golden Corral -- I'm like you in that I tend to avoid that type of restaurant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:31 PM

    I loved reading your Inktense story and seeing how differently they behaved for you on different surfaces! Your work is already so lively---am trying to imagine it even more so, with these intense colors. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete