Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Who's the Weenie, Now?

My neighbor's dog barks all day long. Sun-up to sun-down, intermittent barks emanate from under the deck of the house behind and to the left of us. I can't blame him. He's just probably saying "Hey - foolish humans - why would you pay good money for a pure-bred miniature dachshund puppy and then chain it up under the deck and never come out and play?" Oh...wait...maybe that's what I am trying to say. It really is a cute little pup and I don't understand the point of having it if you DON'T PLAN TO PLAY WITH IT!!!

Yesterday, I watched as the owner used her foot to shove him back down the stairs when he tried to follow her up on the deck.

I realize I'm a softie when it comes to dogs, but really - this dog is way too small to be a yard dog, and no dog deserves to be chained 24-7. Plus...the barking is really beginning to GET ON MY NERVES!
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! You hit a really sore spot! I totally agree, it makes on sense to buy a dog and then leave it chained up all day, after all they are pack animals and perfer company. Too bad little dog-lips can't have one day to chain its human up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS SKETCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're no softie. That's almost inhumaine to treat a dog that way, especially a miniature dachshund. They can be very loveable. We had 2 of them at one time, the mother and daughter.
    Great sketch, however.

    ReplyDelete