Pages

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Cutie Pie

This one comes from the weekend's drawing event over at WetCanvas! She's the granddaughter of the host, and what a cutie she was, too! I don't always know where I'm going when I start a drawing, and this one kind of took me by surprise! But, she had such a classic look, with that pouty, bow-shaped mouth, that she ended up in black and white. I colored her intensely blue eyes with indigo ink, but they turned out a bit dark for the scanner to handle.

This is 5x7 inches, Graphitint water soluble graphite and india ink on multimedia artboard.
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous job of shading! You have captured her personality so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diahn, you're right she is a cutie pie and your drawing is DE LIGHT FUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such beautiful portrait work! Looks like you captured her cut little lips perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was supposed to be "cute" little lips, sorry

    ReplyDelete