Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

Complete...and Open for Business!

workspace...completed

Ta-Da!

All done. Not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination...the printing and mailing center is a bit, well...low to the ground, but it's functional until I find a better solution. I moved the alphabet print, because it just seemed so busy over the workspace, and I still haven't found a cork board I like enough to hang in there, so right now, I'm just going with a nice blank space between the shelves.

I found the chair at a local antique shop and recovered it in a sweet little aqua and brown print - it's got a certain aluminum 1950s office vibe that I'm digging right now. Plus, it cost me $12.95, and the fabric was on sale, so I've got maybe $20 invested there. AND it's comfortable.

And to celebrate it getting done, I opened up my Ottwork Studio Etsy shop! Please come by and have a look around, and if you have any suggestions or comments for me, I'd love to hear them. Now that my studio space is finished, I hope to have my painting shop back open for business in the next month or so, as well. Thanks to everyone who helped select prints and get me going. You are all beautiful people.

And your hair looks mahvelous.

4 comments:

  1. Great little work space. I wish I was that organized. And thanks for the hair comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diahn, congratulations on geting your workspace set up so lovely, lively, and ready to go with your new shop. It is so inviting. Lets the paints flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your shop looks great and i know you feel an enormous sense of accomplishment to have it done! loooooving the photos in your shop, too. no surprise there. i've always been impressed with the way you snap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at creative spaces...thanks for sharing and good luck with your creative plans.

    ReplyDelete