Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Eight in One Day

I've signed up for yet another ATC exchange at WetCanvas...I'm starting to think it's a procrastination technique when I don't want to face painting large stuff...

But they are still fun. I've decided to do an entire series of dogs for this exchange - boxers to be more precise. They have such great faces, don't they? I'll have to try to get one of my dog, Oscar, in there, too - he's not really a boxer, just a suspected boxer mix. I think he shares enough characteristics to make up for it...

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

2 1/2 x 3 1/2 acrylic ink on 140lb cold press

8 comments:

  1. These paintings are all stunning Diahn! You have captured so much emotion in each one of them. I love the different colors and you way of using them...beautiful! If I may choose a favorite..not for anyhting else, but it's pretty "puppy eyes", it will be the second last one!
    Exquisite work you did here.
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright palette and the imaginative way you use it. Your colors truly 'sing'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top one is great. Love the blue in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone!

    Ronell - feel free to choose favorites anytime - I like that one too.

    Unfortunately, the scan of the last one really doesn't do it any justice, and no amount of fiddling with it helped. Maybe I'll try to get a photo today and replace it.

    Thank you, dear Casey - I really like that comment - if I can sing using paintbrushes, it's like my life is really complete...

    And, thank you Kerstin - I do love the combo of blue and orange...probably a bit overmuch :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your boxers! The colors and compositions are stunning. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww -- good doggies, yes they are, good boys! Diahn -- these are great! We may have to start looking for the ATCA (ATC Anonymous) organization and get you signed up, though...
    :-D The look like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are really stuuning. i love you use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ronell said stunning!! I agree!!!

    ReplyDelete