Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Big Bad Bass

P4041737
Admit it - you were looking for a fish, weren't you? HA! I did an ATC awhile back of the headstock of a Fender Jazz Bass, and really wanted to do something a little larger on canvas. This is another of those 6x12" canvases I have stacked in my closet - it's really a nice format - they make nice groupings, even if the subject matter is different - trust me...you should buy some (of mine) :D
So - here's a little WIP - not sure if I accomplished what I wanted here, and really probably should have stopped at step three, but now it is finished and I'm moving on. I'm trying very hard to not get hung up on paintings. I'll live with it for a while, and if it needs something, I'll revisit later...but for now, here's the rest...
P4041742
P4041744
P4041755-1

3 comments:

  1. :-D I WAS expecting a fish! This is better. I likes it lots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I remember it in the ATC exchange, it's wonderful as a painting too. No, you did the right thing by going all the way to step 4, those little vibration lines on the pegs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition and colors - what a great idea for a painting.

    ReplyDelete