Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Another Beautiful Day



I know I just keep harping on about this Spring-thing, as if there has never been Spring before, but really...it's just so freakin' nice out. The weekend is supposed to cool off somewhat, and we do need some rain, but for the meantime, I'm just continuing on my happy dance...it's been a really L O N G winter. Mercy.


I took the boys to the park before art class today. They played on the playground and I sat in the sun. Ahhhh. I walked after they went to class, and then stole a chair from the front of the art center to sit and sketch the one lone iris blossom amongst a host of buds and leaves. When i got home, I considered adding some color, but then I decided against it. I love to work in pencil - why not just let it stay that way? So there.

pencil in large Moleskine watercolor sketchbook



I painted this over the weekend - it's one of the inhabitants of the Fountain City Lake, so I thought it was appropriate to post it today...on one of our Fountain City Tuesdays. I'm not sure it's finished, but I'm done with it for now.

6x12" acrylic on canvas


Hey - if it's getting to be Spring wherever you live, go outside and enjoy it! That's right - switch off the computer, open the door and do a little happy dance for me. You'll enjoy it, you'll feel better about life and if you have a friend video tape it, you could put it on YouTube and become famous in about 15 seconds. I love technology.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. You ARE telling us that you video taped YOUR happy dance, and it is out there somewhere on YouTube, right? I mean, it certainly sounded like ...
    :-D Great afternoon for Tuesday afternoon at the park, and I'm so glad someone drew that iris. The duck painting is awesome -- would you just look at those drops! I'm loving the 6"x12" size... and yes, I even picked one or two up so we can use them when you teach me about acrylic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the iris is lovely as is. Spring really is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are lovely. Isn't Spring great? I wish it would settle in a little better here in France though....

    ReplyDelete