Pages

Friday, March 08, 2013

I'm So Jaded

JadedJade Plant

When I first purchased my jade plant it looked like it does in the photograph on the left.

The photo on the right shows what it looks like now.

I'm the worst indoor plant grower on the planet.  (And not at all fond of hyperbole.) Look at that sad, pitiful thing. Have you ever seen a more neglected, scrawny, ugly specimen?

Honestly. I can raise children. I can raise dogs. I cannot keep a plant alive inside my house.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't overwater it and it stays in a sunny spot all the time. Maybe I need to move it to a south facing window, instead of the east and north windows where it generally lives. My office window faces south - perhaps it needs to live in there for a while.

Are there any expert indoor plant growers out there that can give me some tips? Typically, at this stage, I throw it away and start over, but that just seems silly. It's supposed to be one of those plants that anyone can grow, and I hate to feel like it's beaten me...

No comments:

Post a Comment