Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

The Saga Continues...(or how social media gets results...) Part III

Sunset (aka Ouch! My Eyes!)

I apologize for disappearing on you in the middle of the saga. I was down in Alabama and between the tornados and the exploding dog diarrhea, I suffered a great lack of sleep and brain function.

But that's a different story.

For this story, we need to remember that everything seemed to be in order. Twitter had sent us a Comcast knight in shining bucket truck and we had headed out to see Harry Potter, glad to be finally done with the drama.

By the way - the Harry Potter movie experience is yet another story I have to tell. Melinda is convinced that I'm a rude person magnet. I'm just sayin'.

So, last Saturday, we went to bed, secure in the knowledge that our cable and internet woes were taken care of. We got up Sunday morning, picked up the boys and drove up to Townsend for our long run of the week (5 miles!  Woot!). Afterward, we headed up to Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and enjoyed the gorgeous day.

When we returned home, we turned on our shiny new cable and tuned it to an HD channel and noticed that it seemed to have a problem with its vertical hold. Anyone remember the vertical hold dial on the old TVs?

Yeah.

That.

Then the diagnosis begins. My engineer husband starts switching out boxes and cables and RCA cables and moving things around to try and determine if the problem is with the boxes or the cables or the TV or whatever. Nothing changes. As a matter of fact, the TV in the bedroom (which had been functioning properly) now also developed a vertical hold problem.

Sigh.

Do we really need television?

Dr. SmartyPants finally calls the Comcast helpline, they check our line and say they need to come out and make some adjustments to the outside connection. We, of course, were all leaving town in different directions the next day, so we scheduled an appointment for Friday, which is today.

Just so you know, I fully expect the first bill to be completely wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Diahn:

    I feel for you. After many years of paying too much, purposely confusing and wrong bills, and fighting poor service, my solution: digital bunny ears, netflix through my Wii, and Hulu.

    Life is simpler that way.

    -Simple Simon
    (AKA Tommy Rose)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is whether someone actually showed up today to work on it!!

    And the only good reason I can think of for TV is SEC football!! War Eagle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read your 3-part Comcast saga. I hate Comcast - I've had similar problems here in Miami, and finally gave up even trying to get a connection for my tv in the place in my house where I want it. As for "customer services", the pretense at service you have received is more than I have ever had. I sent a two page angry letter complaining then went into the ether..no response at all.

    ReplyDelete