Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Christmas! Not yet! But kind of! Not really!

gumballs

In the last week before Derek's birthday and Christmas hit us, Dr. SmartyPants and I have begun speaking in code and hiding lists in our pockets and closing the screen on the laptop just as the boys walk in the room and LYING - oh the lying.

Christmas...it's not the season of giving. It's the season of LYING.

Mercy. If Santa still had me on a list, it would be the naughty one. Because I'm a lying liar liar pants on fire.

"Mom! There's a package at the door! Oh, it has your name on it. What is it?"

"It's just books, darling. You know how Mama likes her books!"

"What's the name of the book? Can I see it?"

"No, my sweet precious angel. The book is called "Nunya," and you can't see it. It's only for grown ups. I'm so sorry my dearest love."

"You sure get a lot of books, Mom."

"I know, little man. Mama does like to read. Everything I know, I learned from a book. Never stop learning, sweetness. You can be anything you want to be!"

"Mom? Why are you doing that weird thing with your hands and flitting about the room like a fairy?"

"It's Christmas spirit, dear."

"Is that a beer, Mom?"

"It's Christmas spirit, dear."

Cheers...

4 comments:

  1. LOL. Hmmmm. Maybe it's because you lost your marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is getting to the packages before they do. The return address often has the name of the store, which is a dead giveaway!

    More Christmas spirit, please!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!

    Packages of "books" arrived on my doorstep today as well. Even though I'm here alone, I felt compelled to hide them before leaving home...you never know who might drop in.

    ReplyDelete