Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pearfection

I've got it in my head to actually paint something in acrylic, now.  It's been a long...long......long.........time.  I've got a bunch of 6 x 6 inch chunky canvases so I was thinking of doing a series of something that could hang together or separately.  I really wanted to do some pears, but only had apples on hand, so I went over to WetCanvas! and grabbed a few reference photographs.  They all had different lighting situations, so I think, if I decide to paint them, I'll turn them all to have the shadows on the same side.

Pear Studies

Pear Studies

I did these in the sketchbook that Linda gave me for my birthday, with a Mars Lumograph pencil.  It's a large book - 8 1/2 x 11 or so, hardbound with perforated pages of what I think would be cartridge paper, according to what I've read about cartridge paper.  The books were all designed by SCAD students and are sold exclusively at Barnes & Noble.  The paper is nice - a little bit of tooth, and fairly heavyweight - takes a wash of gouache fairly well (Robin was done in the same book.)

IF I actually paint them, I'll post them, but given my record lately, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

2 comments:

  1. Love the sketches Diahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I think that's a fantastic idea. I'm glad to hear that the sketchbook holds up well ... I need to break mine out and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete