Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Benji-again

Benj-again

Another gouache painting of Ben today.  I never could get the colors to scan correctly, but this is fairly close.  The orange in the background, in real life, is clearer.  

I tried using a white china marker as resist on the whiskers here and there, but then applied the gouache too thickly for it to work properly.  So I ended up pulling out the white gouache to put Ben's fantastic white whiskers back in after everything had dried.  It may be time to find a book on gouache.  I keep trying to use it like watercolor, and I don't think I'm using its full potential.

Anybody out there have recommendations?  I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. Well whatever you used and however you applied it - Ben is gorgeous and this is a quite striking composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:34 PM

    A beautiful vibrant painting diahn...your colours are gorgoues and you've captured so much character...
    ronell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrreat! :-D This is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benji is looking great.

    ReplyDelete