Pages

Thursday, February 07, 2008

On the Horizon

Bad Apple Rising
9 2/3 x 4 1/4 gouache on 300lb hot press

Things are brewing in this head of mine. I've got projects and paintings and collaborations on the brain, so it's making everything else difficult. The boys each wrote a book, which I published and bound as gifts for the grandparents. I still need to make copies for our own library, but haven't managed it yet. They were really amazing, but very time and energy and thought consuming. Now that they are done, I can move on to my own artwork. I do have to share a couple of their illustrations, though...

From 6-year old J's book, "Nanny and Pop Pop's Sports Adventure,"




And from 8-year old D's book, "Nanny and Pop Pop: Detectives,"





The books were in honor of Nanny and Pop Pop's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Anyway - keep your eyes peeled - I'm looking forward to reclaiming my studio time for painting rather than editing and publishing. Linda and I met last night to go over our goals to see where we are a month into the year. Let's just say...well...January was, ummm...interesting.

I may need a do-over.

8 comments:

  1. Nice "Over the Horizon" apple at the top! beautifully done.

    Love the idea of the book too! They will love receiving that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:05 PM

    I guess talent runs in several generations of your family. I hope you post photos of the completed books. These are so adorable and I'm not just saying that because of the kitties:D

    janey
    http://janeysjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although your apple is stunning and I'm wondering how come my gouache doesn't look like that....Your boys have done you proud! I have a couple of 'books' my kids wrote and illustrated which I treasure! One is written about me and the other about their dad. Great post! ps: thanks for the blind contour inspiration...Annie and I had fun with it today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Diane, that apple is amazing! But the little artists pulled at my heartstrings-so cute and so special. What a family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pls. tell D., and J. that their works are fabulous. This is so inspiring for a family gift. The apple looks beautiful bright and tempting for a big bite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right -- the work that the boys did is absolutely stunning! So, even if you may not have done all that you'd originally planned to do in January, THIS was time well spent, and the change in plan was value added!! Tell the boys that I really want to see copies of these.
    ;-) Nanny and Pop Pops had to be delighted!
    And you already know what I think about that apple. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diahn, that is one heck of a beautiful apple! Wish I could see your stuff in person---I have a feeling the blogged versions are only pale imitations ;D. Wonderful work by your boys---and you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by again to wish you a Happy Valentine's day today!

    ReplyDelete