Pages

Thursday, February 07, 2008

On the Horizon

Bad Apple Rising
9 2/3 x 4 1/4 gouache on 300lb hot press

Things are brewing in this head of mine. I've got projects and paintings and collaborations on the brain, so it's making everything else difficult. The boys each wrote a book, which I published and bound as gifts for the grandparents. I still need to make copies for our own library, but haven't managed it yet. They were really amazing, but very time and energy and thought consuming. Now that they are done, I can move on to my own artwork. I do have to share a couple of their illustrations, though...

From 6-year old J's book, "Nanny and Pop Pop's Sports Adventure,"




And from 8-year old D's book, "Nanny and Pop Pop: Detectives,"





The books were in honor of Nanny and Pop Pop's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Anyway - keep your eyes peeled - I'm looking forward to reclaiming my studio time for painting rather than editing and publishing. Linda and I met last night to go over our goals to see where we are a month into the year. Let's just say...well...January was, ummm...interesting.

I may need a do-over.