Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

¡Deja las gansadas!

I know I should, but I can't stop...(oh - go get a Spanish-English dictionary...it's not that hard!!)



Still fooling around with photos and faux encaustic (for info on the real stuff - look here.)



P8013463 P8013464



I've been thinking alot about art marketing, lately, and it seems to really put a crimp in my ability to create. I don't want to think about it, but if I want to make any headway in the art business, I have to. It's a conundrum, I know (not a corundum, which is an entirely different thing). My apologies for that last sentence. I've been thinking alot about geology lately, and the entirely different life I used to lead ... and how one led to another ... and ... oh good grief - stop. Sheesh.



The point is - I have a tendency to think too much, rather than to act. Anyone with any clues on how to change that, please feel free to chime in. Thinking is a great thing, but I set up entirely baseless expectations of myself and others when I sit around rearranging things in my mind all day long. See - usually I don't have a free minute to think, but with the boys away, it's just so darn (DANG) quiet around here. How's a girl supposed to get anything done with all this SILENCE???? iTunes...take me away...



Before anyone calls the docs - I'm sure this is just a hormonal imbalance brought on by lack of chocolate. Pay no attention to the crazy lady behind the easel...




3 comments:

  1. Love the fun stuff you are doing....but I've never heard the phrase deja las gansadas...learned something new

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pero, me gusta las gansadas ...
    Sorry you're in such a rut (see, that was kind of a play on your whole corundum theme...) BUT I have to agree -- we need to make our next "meeting" about ART -- so let's go paint somewhere! And while you're listening to iTunes, you need to just go download the song "Summertime Blues" -- either The Who or Blue Cheer (my fav) -- and dance a bit. You'll feel less like thinking!

    P.S. The encaustic type stuff is awesome. Are you going to teach me how to do that, or do I have to break into your house and steal your secret notebook???

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the "biltmore"...very realistic, it almost looks like a photo, you really captured the neon aspect. also, LOVE the poem at the top of the piece...i feel ya, darlin', i feel ya...

    ReplyDelete