Pages

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lend a Hand

Not really. I've just been stressing over hands in my drawing class, but I decided to practice some this week and things went much better today. Please note that all poses actually HAVE hands this time...I was using my new Derwent Drawing Pencils today in Brown Ochre, Terracotta, Venetian Red and Chocolate. The Brown Ochre is the lightest and is a really nice color for gestures, especially when trying to locate where major body parts ought to be...
A 30 minute pose...
8.4.07.30minute
and a couple of 1 hour poses...
8.4.07.1hour
8.4.07.1hour
Forgive the quality of these - they're too large to fit the scanner, and my camera really doesn't like to take photos of drawings...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:49 AM

    These are really lovely. I especially like figure drawing using brown/sepia pencils - and will look for the ones you mentioned. I'm still sketching Greek and Roman statues that have no hands, feet, or heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors, nice and soft! Good job on the hands! I like these poses too and somehow that you can't see all fo the face, it leaves some to the imagination...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all lovely, but I especially like the second one. Her half hidden face is so compelling and the composition is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! The middle one especially -- wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diahn,

    Found your blog through Linda and have enjoyed reading it. Last fall and winter I took figure drawing and found the hands to be one of the more difficult to do. Your figures are wonderful. Sometimes I think we are just to hard on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete