Pages

Friday, February 03, 2006

It's February - Think Pink!


Having been inspired by Laura, and all her many colors over the last year, I decided to give over a month to one color and investigate all it's many gradations. I have decided to start with my favorite - PINK. In particular, I am totally in love with dark shades of the color - my quinacridone magenta paint tube is constantly running out. Can't get enough of it! So - here's the beginning...
On a resolution update - I have been doing a little sketching in public. I was out at Big Ed's Pizza in Oak Ridge and managed to sneak in a couple of sketches of the (very 70s) decor. And - Linda and I met (hi Linda!) at a local coffee shop to do some discreet sketches. We did, however, talk a whole lot more than we sketched, and so I really have nothing to show from our efforts. But - there is hope for our next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. February is a great month for pink, especially with Valentine's day coming! Plus, once you master the color pink, you'll be ready for all the pink azaleas in March and April. Can't wait to see what pink stuff you throw at us this month!
    You KNOW I love the Big Ed drawings! It was fun getting together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Diahn! I just discovered your pink page---it is SO beautiful! Keep going, girl---you're off to such a beautiful start!

    ReplyDelete