Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sketchbook updates...plus pink

I had one of those rare days about a week ago where I dropped the boys off at school and really had absolutely nothing pressing to do. So I went home and turned on the TV, got in my favorite recliner, and watched some nonsense on the tube. I didn't last long before I grabbed my Moleskine and started sketching. I tried to see if I could capture the essence of some people in the few minutes I could see them. This is what I came up with:

New baseball hats for the boys. We went to a Tennessee basketball game, and they wanted to fit in. As an Alabama alum, it pained me to purchase these hats. Luckily, they were on sale. I decided to sketch them for my pink book, just so I wouldn't have to use orange...I actually love orange - one of my very favorites - but spend some time in Knoxville, and you'll see what I mean. Okay - I just decided...March is going to be orange month. I'm going try to overcome my Vol orange overload...

A hibiscus in pink, red and orange. This was for the WDE last weekend, although I never did post it on WetCanvas. No reason why - just forgot, I guess. Oops. I really am enjoying these watersoluble crayons. They are a lot of fun to play with.

Another WDE item. This cat reminded me of our dear departed Shmoo kitty - gone now about 3 or so years. I know...it's not pink, but oh well - sometimes I find it hard to follow the rules. Even my own.Happy sketching everyone!

Oh - by the way - any of you that remember the mango chairs in one of my posts this month - I'm heading down to Birmingham this weekend to pick them up...talked the store owner down to a reasonable amount -

Just in time for Mango March Madness...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Man, these are so great!! I had such a good time with the warm colors last year and it looks as though you are, too. You're going to have a blast with orange ;D. I think your pink faces spread is charming, D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink mug shots! So glad to hear about the mango chairs -- AND on sale!?! Who could ask for more!

    ReplyDelete