Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer's Here

Gauge

What is it about summer that makes me feel the need to nap?  The lack of a strict schedule?  The soaring temperatures?  The soaring humidity?  The afternoon thunderstorms?

Yes.  All of the above, I believe.

I'm still in recovery mode - trying to do all the things that I wanted to get done last week while the boys were at camp and I was supposed to have been free...but got sick instead.  I'm making lists and trying to remember all the things that I really wish I could remember to take with me whenever I go to the beach.  I never remember them until I'm there, and every year I say I'm going to keep a list while I'm at the beach of all the things I wish I had brought along so I could have them the next time.

But I never do.

Because I'm organized like that.

We're leaving Saturday, so I have plenty of time to get everything done, but I'll be running to the store at the last minute, searching for an elusive item, I'm sure.  And poor Dr. SmartyPants will be trying his hardest to squeeze it all into the back of the Explorer, silently cursing his poor luck at having married such a crazy woman.  Thankfully, while I may not be organized, I married a fantastically-able SUV-packer.  He never fails to get it all in, somehow, occasionally even leaving room to see out through the rear-view mirror.

I've got another project in the works this week, prodded on by my dear friend and creativity advisor, Linda.  She's pushing me a bit, and I'm thankful, because I've already made more progress in the last few days than I have in months.  I'll blog more about it toward the end of the week, I think - I'm slightly hampered by a lack of a scanner and a complete inability to photograph art on paper that doesn't want to cooperate.  All that is to say that I am being creative and doing something new and I've got big plans for it!  Woo hoo!

Now - I'm off for a bit of hair color...and then I'm pretty sure my world will finally be set to rights.

Peace...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad all is going well! You know to take interesting beach pics for me ... right?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry, Hurry! I can't wait to see your new project.

    ReplyDelete