Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dear Internets

Lamp

We did go to the pool after my last post, and enjoyed it tremendously. 

The next day we went to the lake and had a ball.

On Monday morning, about 3 am, I woke up, immediately wished I were dead, then spent next 12 hours curled up in a ball beside a rather cold, white, porcelain fixture only a short running distance from my bed.

Doodlebug and Junebug saved me by being absolutely awesome kids and fixing their own breakfast and getting ready to go to day camp all by themselves.

Cathi saved me by picking up my boys and taking them not only to camp, but home with her after camp so they could spend the night with a responsible parental type person.

Kristi saved me by picking up a prescription for anti-nausea meds and Gatorade.

Pop saved me by being a fabulous doctor and father-in-law.

Dr. SmartyPants was 500 miles away, and so miserable because he couldn't do a lot of saving, poor man.  He did reschedule my orthodontic appointment and send me much love via BlackBerry Messenger.

I had to cancel my hair appointment.  Which was almost worse than all the retching.

Yesterday, I recuperated.

Today?

Still mourning the loss of hair color.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were! No posts for four days is HIGHLY unusual for you and I was afraid you had been abducted by aliens.

    I guess I wasn't too far off base. Glad to hear you're feeling better, sorry about the lack of hair color! I know how important that whole thing is...;)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if the creature from the black lagoon had taken you back to his lair and was holding you until your ransom arrived. (don't ask what I thought the ransom might be...I didn't get that far)...Glad you're better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds miserable!! hope you're feeling better soon. and i know your hair will be back i the "pink" soon!

    ReplyDelete