Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Remember...

Cousins

Driving all day, thinking I just couldn't wait a moment longer for us to get there so we could play together again. Sitting outside, on my grandparents' front porch, watching the lightning bugs start blinking, wondering if they would ever drive up the long driveway. Staying up far past my bedtime, bare-footed and mud-covered, wandering around in the dark with dim flashlights. Playing "Land of the Lost" on the back 40 of my grandfather's garden. Bringing home snakes and having my grandmother scream when she saw them. Getting lost roaming the woods, but finding our way home again.

Cousins

What fun it is to watch it happening all over again.

3 comments:

  1. I remember days like that. What happy memories your boys will have. Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D GREAT photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, raising children has its full circle moments, doesn't it? it looks like this bunch is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete