Pages

Monday, June 08, 2009

Crafting a Zen-like Blog

I've been off in a secret, remote, peaceful hideaway, recharging my batteries and working on my tan.

translation:  I've been at my parents' house in the rolling hills of west-central Alabama.  My mama brought me coffee in her new hot tub while my children were still asleep.  I love my mama.  I love you, too, Daddy.

I should be back tomorrow with more scintillating blog posts about my fabulously exciting travels of late.

translation:  I may be back tomorrow with really boring things about my completely non-boring life.  Like a description of all the convenience store bathrooms I've seen over the last couple of weeks.

Same as usual.

translation:  Same as usual.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.... I so TOTALLY miss our hot tub -- and getting out in it in the very early morning before work was such a treat. I'm doubly envious since you had somebody bring you coffee WHILE you hot tubbed IN THE MORNING. Awesome. Fantastic.
    Totally non-boring.
    Aaauuuuummmmmm......

    and good grief ... my word verification word is "fading"... they heard the sound of "aauuummm...."
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're actually going to get out of the tub? It looks just too sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Mom sent me a cruel text yesterday with this picture attached. I think you and the hot tub were the proverbial carrot...it worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. Vicarious relaxation just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As my step-son said last summer when he got in a jacuzzi while we were on vacation..."this is the life"...

    Enjoy the mini-break!

    ReplyDelete