Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Chillin'


Chillin', originally uploaded by diahn.

I'm taking a vacation from vacations. Yes, Linda - all 42 of them have officially worn me out. This week - nada. Actually, the next couple of weeks will be pretty restful for me. Next week, the boys go to day camp for 4 days (12 hours a day), so I'll have Monday through Thursday to do whatever my little heart desires...I'm hoping my little heart desires to spend a lot of time in my studio slinging paint. I'm going to be spending this week ensuring that there are no excuses up there - that everything is clean and organized and ready to go.

Then I'll be back on the road again the next week. This one was a surprise to me, actually. The boys are going to their grandparents houses and I thought I'd have another week at home, but Dr. SmartyPants informed me that he has a conference to go to and a surplus of miles in his account and that I'm going with him...to San Francisco! Yippee...my mom tells me that I was there when I was a baby, but that doesn't really count now does it? My first trip to San Francisco!

So...my dear blogging friends...here's where you come in. I know all the touristy places to go - and I have a few things on my list, like the Frida Kahlo exhibit at SFMOMA, and the bay tour under the Golden Gate, etc., but if you know SF, what would you spend your time doing? I'll have about a day and a half, maybe 2 completely on my own to do whatever I want, then another day and a half with Dr. SP. I'd love some suggestions on things to see, places to go, etc., as well as some AVOID AT ALL COSTS things!

Now, I've got to go shopping for some really smashing clothes...

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, do have a blast! I've been twice but both times the visits were too short to do anything but the touristy stuff. First time, Fisherman's Wharf was wonderful but then I love those old boats... second time, years later it was more touristy but I still enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee -- two weeks of non-vacationing is hardly a vacation from vacations ...

    And you forgot to brag that you were able to pick up a city Moleskine! Lucky girl -- why don't they have a Knoxville city Moleskine, I wonder?
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh ... and I just saw that American Idol is having auditions for the next show in SF on July 17 ... you should try out! Come to think about it... maybe you really should! David Cook wasn't planning on auditioning, and look what happened to him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) I think I may have missed the age cut off by a year or two. Or 12. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had Mr. Smarty-Pants informed me and I would have flown up to hang with you for a day!!!! My favorites in SF are SFMOMA, Gharidelli Square near Fisherman's warf, bread from Boudoin's , riding the cable car, driving or walking down Lombard street (crooked street), a view of he fireman tower, shopiing near Union Square, the golden gate, alcatraz island, etc......darn, how come you're not coming to LA instead???????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - what fun! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Marta - I wish he had! How much fun would that have been? :-( DANG...

    Hi Casey - I'm sure there will be many many many photos and sketches to share! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete