Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

I Can't Believe It


The opening reception for the juried show was tonight. Mr. Smarty Pants and I went sans kiddoes (thanks, Cyndi!!). We met up with Linda and her DH, sister and friend at the gallery - it was really nicely done...good appetizers, lively conversation, and they had done a nice job with the hanging (except for Linda's Gossip - it needed and deserved better placement...). Neither Linda nor I remembered to bring a camera, so we had to rely on cell phones, but we're going to go back tomorrow and take pics mainly because...drum roll...dramatic pause...Linda got Honorable Mention for "Other People's Stuff" and I got 3rd place for "Contemplations #5: Fear"!!!! Woo hooo...we just couldn't be prouder of each other!


This is the best pic we could get tonight...I'll let Linda post hers...

2 comments:

  1. let me be one of the first to congratulate you!!!! what I wouldn't give to "beam me up Scottie" over there and toast you both! We artist are so cool aren't we? LOL....continue flying high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:15 AM

    Diahn,
    CONGRATULATIONS! Both of you must be thrilled - and we're not at all surprised by your success! More photos of both of you with your art on the walls please....

    ReplyDelete