Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Things to do while waiting on your kids...

I could have spent my hour and half reading the latest steamy novel or playing solitaire on my pocket pc, but instead, I broke out the hand*book journal and sketched what was around me. I promised J I would hang out in the art center while he and D had their first art class. J was nervous and wasn't real sure about the whole thing, but he calmed down after I told him I would stay in the building the whole time. It wasn't too difficult - there was a show of watercolors from the local watercolor society, and one of the local school systems had some student work showing - it was interesting to see the differences between first grade and 8th grade work - astounding what a 13 year old kid can produce, really.

Anyhow - I had some time to fill, so I sat down on one of the very comfy sofas and sketched what was in front of me. I neglect perspective, interiors and architectural elements on a profound scale, so it was a bit of challenge...but that's okay. I like a challenge! They're not the prettiest sketches I've ever done, but I'm keepin' it real here on American Blog...oh, oops - sorry - I'm watching Idol...got a little carried away...




1 comment:

  1. Yep -- that looks like a familiar spot! Isn't that sofa just wonderful? I wondered if you'd taken the time out to sketch -- great stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete