Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

And another three

Okay -this ATC thing is a bit addictive - I recognize the symptoms of becoming obsessed, and I'm on the way - there's something about working in this tiny little format that gets me all right brained and time-lapsey. That's a good thing, I believe - but a little dangerous to everyday chores, etc.
Anyhow - I did 4 and don't like one, so I'm taking it back to the drawing board - not trashing it, yet...just re-thinking. These three, I like. At least one is going to serve as a color study for a slightly larger painting...








4 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful - the color is amazing. (I was going to say vibrant, but it's such a cliché!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:48 PM

    I love your work. I love your loose and yet realist style. I love your animals so much. Sigh... I'm looking at your work thinking, how does she make it do that?

    Who ever you are sending these ATCs too, I'm sure they are loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the flamingo (you KNOW I do!), the car, AND the marbles -- all so different yet with your signature style.
    And, to again demonstrate how great minds think alike, I bought a bag of marbles the other day to do a painting of. If I'd known you had some I would have just borrowed them!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Casey, Megan and Linda. I've really enjoyed working at this scale - more than I really thought I would.

    Linda - you know we think alike girl - that's what makes us so cool. And "signature style", eh? :-D thanks! D'ya think you could pull my stuff out of a line-up? We may just have to try that!

    ReplyDelete