Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Field Trips Galore


Well, our family outing was like a field trip, right? The folks over at the EDM Yahoo group have been talking about sketching in grids alot. I've done that off and on since I began keeping a regular sketchbook, and find that it helps take away the fear of the blank page quite a bit. I thought I'd summarize the family field trip to the aquarium and the school field trip to the zoo with a couple of grids.


I think the cuttlefish was flipping me the bird.

black Pitt pen in Moleskine sketchbook

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:23 PM

    Nice - i love the giraffe :)
    -patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diahn, it's great and perfect for a field trip! I am in love with these grids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Very nice. I too love the giraffe coming out of his square

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to remeber a special day. If you keep souviners of your child's school days, a copy of the grid should be included.wphwuu

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've caight a lovely variety of patterns in your grid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Goodness, these are so realistic, especially the monkey and the parrot! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely line work, and I especially like the placement of some of them within their grid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style. That cuttlefish/squid is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work, I enjoy the squid! I think that this is a really fun site, thanks, I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fun! I love your gorilla ...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this grid, it's even better that you haven't coloured it (but that would look good too no doubt!)
    Sorry, I haven't been visiting - I thought I had you on Bloglines - DOH!

    ReplyDelete