Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

EDM #24 - Draw a piece of fruit


I was sitting down last night to draw something, and it occurred to me that we had some oranges in the kitchen that I could use to complete EDM challenge #24! Yippee! Well, I was happy until I saw the outcome! I was not seeing well last night, I think. All those dimples on the orange flesh overwhelmed me and I resorted to my old ways of subterfuge and deception to make it look like an orange. Ah, well - at least it tasted good.

Koh-i-noor stack pack watercolors, and (my beloved) rapidograph pens in the moleskine.

3 comments:

  1. Great color variations in this orange! What's a watercolor stack pack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Thanks for your kind comments! A watercolor stack pack is a collection of water color pans made by Koh-I-Noor, put together in a travel case - it's pretty cool. I'm not a watercolorist, exactly, so I have no idea how nice the colors are - but it wasn't expensive, and it's easy to cart around with me. You can see one at http://www.chartpak.com/index2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a warm sketch. The colors are so beautiful. I totally love orange, so it speaks to me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete