Pages

Monday, November 28, 2005

EDMWC #5 - Draw Your Bed


I'm still playing catch-up with the weekly challenges on Everyday Matters. The Thanksgiving week thing kind of threw a wrench in my plans to do one a day, but we'll start afresh here on Monday!! Here is challenge #5 - draw your bed. I decided to do this one next because, after being away for almost a week, I was SO happy to see my bed last night, and I woke up feeling rested for the first time in a while.

It isn't that there was anything wrong with any of the beds I slept in on our journey, but there's just something about sleeping in your own bed - it is more comfortable, more roomy, more...I don't know - just known, I suppose. Anyhow - I decided to draw the headboard of my side of the bed, with my comfy pillows piled up against it. It's a simple cast metal headboard with vines...kind of earthy, I guess! That funky spotted pillow out front is my faux leopard skin velour cushy pillow.

This was done quickly in my little 5x7 sketchbook with an archival ink pen typically used in scrapbooks - I think I may add a little color wash to this one with my acrylic inks - but it will have to wait until later! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:27 PM

    nice. i like this a lot

    Elaine M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool bed - I like the headboard and pillows. Nice drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, it will be interesting in colour too. And I so agree about coming home to your own bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of angle for the drawing of your bed -- and I love that headboard! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete