Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween, Hooligans...


About a month ago, I got an email from Chris Beck, asking me to participate in a Halloween painting challenge along with her, Pablo Villicana Lara, and other artists from around the blogosphere. As Chris is one of my painting crushes, I immediately said yes, and then started freaking out, because holy jack-o-lanterns, people - Chris and Pablo can PAINT. I've seen some of their challenges before, and have loved them.

But - what the heck? I thought I'd give it a go. This image immediately popped into my mind, and as I didn't have a spare skull or a trained crow to help me out, I dug around at the WetCanvas reference library and found a few images that I could put together to come up with this...

Can I Pick Your Brain?
Be sure to head over to Chris' blog to see the whole collection, and pop on over to the rest of the blogs to wish everyone a spooky Halloween, please - I'm sure they'd love to pass out some of their candy early...here's the list:












9 comments:

  1. Love this -- it's inspired!! Thanks for being part of the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece. That crow is amazing in patterns and colours.

    Looks like the skeleton was into the candy for a few years by the state of his teeth... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diahn,..funny..i thought the same thing! and WOW can they paint!
    and i was a 'little' worried about it.but enjoyed it once i got going on it. great bird and skull!
    fun to become acquainted with another artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diahn ! Great to meet you and your art! I DO love your piece here very much ! Nothing to be intimidated about as far as I can see... only on this end !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diahn, yes they can paint, but so can you! Yours is so unique and downright horror-story fabulous! You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful rendering on the crow... love that rich yellow in the background, too. Nice job. And I always love a punny title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hands down, my favorite of the group. Witty, fun and just the right amount of scarey. Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray for skulls! wonderful Diahn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very scary and chilling image. Really cool and awesome. Beautiful and unforgettable art.

    ReplyDelete