Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Playing

I'm still playing - for some reason this past week or so has been very creatively charged. A lunar anomaly? Solar flares? I dunno. Not complaining.

I really liked the contour drawing of the man I did yesterday, but I wanted to see what it would look like with a little color added. I DIDN'T want to change the drawing I had made, however. So, I scanned the original drawing and printed it out on a 4x6" watercolor postcard. Then, I added a little water to the lines to start the process, then a little watercolor, and voila..

IMG

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    This colored version is fabulous. I loved the original contour drawing and couldn't imagine that you meant blind contour - did you really not once look at the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this -- awesome use of color! Great idea, using the printer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this portrait! Wonderful looseness. Your paintins lately are so rich. Thanks fosr posting the U tube time laps of your painting. Really wonderful value shifts in this portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shirley - it was fun to add the color. By blind contour I do mean that yes, as much as was possible I didn't look at the paper. I did check occasionally, when I was close to the edges, to make sure I stayed on the paper, but overall it was done "blind." Or at least extremely nearsighted. :)

    Thanks, Linda and Lindsey - I thought the YouTube thing was fun - I'll have to do another one - or a complete one, maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Diahn! I can't imagine ever doing a blind contour that came out this well - and adding color was a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete