Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

More Campy Fun

I did have a chance to sketch a little on our camping trip. Never as much as I would like, but at least I snuck in couple.
I made the first sketch while sitting in front of the fire. The light was fading, so I just sketched what was in front of me, which turned out to be a camp chair and the corner of our pop-up camper. It's all pencil in my Moleskine sketchbook.
IMG_0001
This one is also in the Moleskine sketchbook. Pencil and super-cheap gouache. It's one of those that when I finished, I just loved. Don't know why - it just felt good. The line going around the book is where I traced the path of a little green inch worm as it made it's way across my page. Oh, the simple pleasures of camping...
IMG_0002

4 comments:

  1. Ah, there it is! The perfect leaf drawing /painting and the wonderful camper page! I love both of these SOOOOO much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both - you draw so beautifully. I can see why you were happy with that leaf - it's just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are wonderful! The leaf and the colour are fab but that little line too..! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaf and line are absolutely wonderful. A true example of nature sketching and journaling.

    ReplyDelete