Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Twelve Days - Twelve Things

GreenTam


  1. All my Christmas decorating is done. Now I need to clean my house from all the Christmas decorating. That just seems unfair. Seems to me that the elves should have to do something.
  2. Most of my Christmas shopping is done. Except for the main gifts for the boys. I have stocking stuffers and cute little things and pajamas. I have no idea what they will be getting other than that. Perhaps brooms and dusters, and I shall rename them "elves."
  3. There are only eight days until school is out. I'm extraordinarily excited about it. Two whole weeks of me NOT constantly badgering my children to get their school work done. What other Christmas present do I need?
  4. I made these cookies for the boys' robotics team competition last weekend. Do yourself a favor and make them for yourself. Just be sure to share, because otherwise you will eat all of them by yourself and then you won't be able to zip up your favorite holiday pants and you'll blame me, and I don't need that kind of stress.
  5. I made this cake for a Christmas dinner party last weekend, too. It didn't look as pretty as the Southern Living variety, but it was very moist and flavorful. Go. Make. Share.
  6. AND - I have big plans to make this cake for Derek's 14th birthday, which is in 11 days. If it comes out at all like the photo, I'll be certain to post my own photo for you all to admire. Chances are, it won't because that's just the way I roll.
  7. I got that little yarn wrapped birdie in the photo at Target, and he just makes me smile. I have two more and I'm fairly certain they aren't going to get packed away with the Christmas decorations this year. They're just too adorable to hide.
  8. My dogs need presents. Do my dogs need presents?
  9. In two days, the love of my life comes home to me. Who needs Christmas presents?
  10. On Christmas Eve, we always have a "feast" and watch "It's a Wonderful Life." I'm always on the lookout for "feast" food. I don't know why we call it a "feast." It's just appetizers as supper and we spread it out on the coffee table and sit around reaching over each other for everything and quoting all the best George Bailey lines. I love Christmas Eve.
  11. Can't wait to see this...and to hear my boyfriend, Mr. Cumberbatch, woo us all with his dulcet tones - even if he is a dragon.
  12. I have been seeing the idea on Pinterest to make monogram wreaths for the front door. I keep thinking it's a great idea, and then I remember that my last name starts with an "O" and that means that every ordinary Christmas wreath is a monogram wreath for me. I pretty much win Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment